Question from NUCL3AR_P3NGUIN

Getting rid of my bounty?

I made the mistake of killing and looting a few people before I got to whiterun in the beginning now I have a large bounty on my head and cannot enter whiterun without being attacked. Is there a way to get rid of my bounty without losing my stolen goods and items?

shad0wmantis92 answered:

First things first, DO NOT put your stuff in a barrel or anything that you don't actually own - might despawn before you get back to it. Now granted that your bounty isn't ridiculously high, you can join the Thieves Guild in Riften (bottom rightish corner of the map), and most guards will allow you to bribe them for an amount under $500. There's also a member there who can fix any fines for you, for about the same price.
0 0

Answers

Benjithaman answered:

Store all your stolen goods and gear into a barrel that u can remember, then come into whiterun with your weapon sheathed. The guards should confront u and u should get the choice to pay your bounty, resist arrest or go to jail. And remember to save your game beforehand just incase.
0 0

Chrono222Nomad answered:

I've paid off my bounty to city guards before and not lost my pilfered items (generally quest items), so you can give that a try. Sometimes if you stop and sheathe your weapon they will stop attacking long enough so you can pay the fines or go to jail. You can also store the stolen goods in one of your houses, but if you don't have one or it's currently off limits due to criminal activity that would make things difficult. Otherwise, if your bounty is high enough, you will randomly run into bounty hunters when traveling around Skyrim who will gladly accept your money and clear your name while taking a small cut for themselves.
0 0

genius_hade answered:

I haven't played through the theives guild yet, but supposedly there's a member that can get rid of bounties at a price.
0 0