Question from Omunoz1299

Key to Soarthal?

Doing "forbidden legend" quest. Already did other two parts but it says I need a key to get in to Soarthal.
Any suggestions?

Mythranil answered:

I ran into this same issue; turns out, if you go to the Mage's College in Winterhold (make sure you have a "Healing Hands" spell to gain entry), the first quest you are sent on is to Saarthal. Just a heads up, you should take a fire spell with you to Saarthal. Even though you enter Saarthal as part of the Mage Guild quests, it also fulfills the "Forbidden Legend" quest at the same time.
0 0

Answers

Mythranil answered:

My mistake. Apparently, there are a variety of different spells you may be required to have to gain entry to the College; I was simply required to have "Healing Hands" in my version.
0 0

srs9891 answered:

Mythranil is right, the ONLY way, other than cheating with console commands is to "join" the college of winterhold. If you are not already part of the college, Faralda, will be up front, wanting to give you a "test" to gain entry. The test requires you to cast a spell of her request, sometimes it will be summon flame atronach, sometimes it will be magelight, so on and so forth. If you do not have this spell, she offers it to you for 30 gold. After gaining entry, head into the hall of elements and go though the dialog with Toltir, and he will take you, and a few other mages into saarthal, in which case you doing the mission for the college fulfills gettting the final piece of the amulet.
0 0