Question from antony_san

How do catch Moblin?

I have been running around for hours in Archylte Steppe ???AF. It's rainy weather and I am in the western part of the map. Am I doing anything wrong?

From: AZorro007 3 years ago

THIS is to provide an update to the information provided in the answer given to you abot 20 hours ago.

ORIGINAL

The availability of Moblin apparently varies as one progresses through the game.

Here is what I found. Initially, Moblin was available in the "first part" of the Steppe during "sunny weather". After some events, Moblin became available in the "second part" of the Steppe during "cloudy weather". After that (which seems to be where you are), Moblin "disappears" (I can't find it either). I have to assume that Moblin will reppear later on.

I think that what is going on is, as "the future" is altered, conditions in the Archlyte Steppes (evidently located in the far future?) change. Moblin is one of those changing things.

ADDITIONAL

Since the prior answer, I have continued with the game to resolve couple of time labrynth puzzles. Upon returning to the Archlyte Steppes I have found (without really trying) Moblin near the formerly locked time during sunny weather. I guess solving the time paradox puzzles caused the fiend to return!

By the way, if you are trying to "catch" a Master Moblin, take proper action against the group of four individuals that appear in a group (1x Master Moblin plus 3x Moblin) to double your chances. First eliminate two Moblin and "damage" the third without eliminating it.. Next eliminate the Master Moblin. Pause while the remaining Moblin transforms into a second Master Moblin.

Moblins are considered rare spawns and can appear at anytime, though rather randomly at that. I've found best chance (pre battlemania) is sunny just over the bridge inside grave ridge and sunny east end of stonestump, near the cacti.