Question from QuibbleSticks

How can i find Tezcatlipoca?

Ive reran through academia 500AF 5 times now and it keeps spawning Xoloti + Miquiztli. Am i doing something wrong or just getting extremely unlucky? and yes i am reclosing the gate each time i run through

Zxien123 answered:

You must have the fragment skill: Battlemaina switched on in order for Tezcatlipoca to spawn
2 0

Answers

legatorob answered:

I found him twice in a row. He is at the very top of the map. Go down the long set of steps on the right side of the last middle walkway. One side of this is the behemoth and on the other side of the walkway down the steps is Tezcatlipoca. I hope I described it right. It is right before you cross the block to get to the spot to toss moggle for the gold armlet. The very top right of the map at the bottom of the stairs
0 0

Winx_Guy57 answered:

He was a real PAIN to find! Mate you need to have both Fragment skills active for finding monsters to make this MUCH easier! There's one that makes it so you can either find more or less monsters, then there's one that makes it so that you find rare monsters ( like Tezcatlipoca ) more easily. I'll also add that whatever you get on the north-east platform only spawns ONCE in the map. So if he doesn't spawn, go out, close the gate, then redo it, it's the only way.... trust me I know.
0 0

jimk80 answered:

The far north east platform, as stated. Yes, Battlemania will help, Encounter Master will not make any difference as the battle always spawns on this platform, but once you defeat it, you will have to seal the gate to spawn it again.

Even with Battlemania on I did not get him to spawn the first couple of tries. I decided to try and get out of range and make the Miquiztli and Xolotl despawn. This was easy enough, I just had to jump to another platform. After running back and forth dodging a few sets of the wrong mobs, Tezcatlipoca finally spawned.
1 0

rgvgamer answered:

I can confirm you do NOT need to close the gate and redo the level everytime it doesn't spawn.

When you jump to that platform, the spawned will stand still and won't force a fight on you. If you see two monsters you know it's not Tezcatlipoca so don't fight, exit to Historia Crux and enter again WITHOUT closing the gate. The game will put you back on the platform, immediately before spawning. After three tries, I got Tezcatlipoca.

I did have the Battlemania fragment skill on but I'm not sure if it's a must. It probably is.
0 1

Where can i find this monster Tezcatlipoca? Answered millionsunback
Tezcatlipoca? Answered dejauskersa
How do I tame Tezcatlipoca? Answered Bakugekiki
Spawning tezcatlipoca? Answered spiritualchaos
Where can I find (lots of gil and c.p)? Answered JoeKool1