How do I beat yomi?

1. I have fought yomi several times but he keeps poning me? Is there an optimal setup I need to use, have tried several paradigms/monsters?

User Info: rpgplayer3989

rpgplayer3989 - 4 years ago

1. I LOVE farming this thing for Gil! ^_^ This is the strategy I use and I can beat him in under 4 minutes -
    RAV/COM/COM
    RAV/COM/SEN
    SAB/SAB/SEN
    SYN/SYN/SEN
    MED/MED/SEN
    SEN/SEN/SEN
    The monster COM and SEN are Red Chocobo and Silver Chocobo. Also RC has Bravery Feeder and Haste Feeder, since it'll drain Yomi's Bravery and Haste and put it on RC when Yomi uses it. Obviously triple SEN is for Wicked Whirl and nothing else. Use MED/MED/SEN to heal, use SYN/SYN/SEN and SAB/SAB/SEN to buff/debuff, the first being while 'Impenitrable Aura' is in effect then wait till he comes out of it to hit him with Deprotect and Deshell ( I only use these 2, if Poison and Imperil gets in there, then good but not necessary ). Use RAV/COM/SEN to drive up chain gauge (Noel stays as COM due to his high ATK so favouring damage-dealing here) then switch to RAV/COM/COM when it's close to staggered to hit for MASSIVE damage. Repeat until it falls. As I said in opening comments using this strategy takes me only about 4 minutes to kill Yomi. I also have 'Gilfinder II' active so a nice 96,000 Gil every 4 minutes? Yes please!! ^_^

User Info: Winx_Guy57

Winx_Guy57 - 4 years ago 1 0

1. During my encounters with Yomi, I use a lot of SAB and the majority of my damage comes from poison with occasional bursts from Devastation(COM/COM/SAB). Tortoise(SENx3) mainly just for Wicked Whirl. Also, having the ATB charge+50% weapons will help a lot.
    My deck:
    SAB SYN SAB
    MED SYN SAB
    SAB SAB SAB
    MED MED SYN
    COM COM SAB
    SEN SEN SEN

User Info: jimk80

jimk80 (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. I hunted this boss in 6m for 144000 Gil, yes 144k. You need to have SAB/SAB/RAV, SEN/SEN/whatever ( COM or SEN is good), and COM/COM/COM for damage. MED/MED/MED is good and SYN/MED/MED is what i use. First off, buff using SYN/MED/MED then switch to SAB/SAB/RAV to poison him. Early stage Yomi uses his shield quite fast so no chance to stagger. Once he starts using Whirl Wind, switch to SEN formation to negate the damage, use MED formation to heal then SAB to poison him, once poisoned try to stagger him and go for it using COM formation. Should go down in a few mins. Have fun

User Info: frozenflamesss

frozenflamesss - 4 years ago 0 0