Question from Timshel1022

Bestiary Fragment Quest-Giant Cactuar help?

How long does it take for a cactuar to grow in to a giant cactuar? I've come back 3 times already, I ran in to a flowering cactuar but didn't kill it. Just selected retry and left. I'm just wondering how long it'll take for it to become giant because it's one of the very last monsters I need to get the final fragment of the game and I'm starting to get impatient.

From: Mookiethebold 2 years ago

Only a normal cactuar will grow into a giant cactuar. When you encounter one do not attack it, just wait a minute or two and it will grow. It doesn't become gigantic, so don't expect it to look all that different.

Find a normal cactuar and in battle switch to a team that won't attack (sen, med, syn or something) and wait. After a bit it will transform. It won't take very long.