Question from NoctisLC

How do I beat Tonberry?

I used Piggyback Official Guide but I still can't to beat Tonberry. If anyone know the better strategy help me please...

SapphireMage answered:

Tonberry can be pretty tough, and it takes a while to bring him down. There might be a better strategy than mine, but I used Pulse Gladiator (SEN) and Cactuar (COM). My paradigms with Serah/Noel/Monster were:

1. RAV/RAV/SEN
2. COM/COM/SEN
3. MED/COM/SEN
4. COM/COM/COM

I switched between 1 & 2 get the chain up and do damage. I used 3 if Tonberry ever hits someone other than the SEN. You can use 4 immediately after he attacks, then immediately switch back to 1 or 2, or 3 if he gets in an attack. When you've got the chain gauge around 200% or so start using 4 more often.

If you don't have a Pulse Gladiator, any SEN with Mediguard and Status Ailment resistance or at least Poison resistance should be fine. And if you don't have Cactuar, any good fast attacking COM should be fine. Hope this helps.
1 0

Answers

AZorro007 answered:

I don't know what the guide says as I have never looked at it but I just got his crystal using the following set up.

For my monster team I have Navidon from the Archlyte steppe as my SEN and Chichu from the Archlyte Steppe as my COM. I use Zwerg scandroid as my RAV.

My characters are all at their full crystarium levels for all roles.

Have some Phoenix Down available before you start the battle.

The thing is, you are advised to beat Tonberry as quick as you can since he gets meaner and meaner as the battle goes on.

Tonberry's attacks are very strong so forget about trying to buff up your team. Also, tonberry is immune to just about every thing so don't bother trying to debuff him. Tonberry is not staggerable but you probably do want to advance the stagger guage a bit at the start so the your COM attacks will deal more damage than otherwise possible.

Start the battle with COM RAV SEN and/or RAV RAV SEN with a possible RAV RAV RAV if you can work it in to get the stagger guage up a little. Time your subsequent attacks to preserve that advance if you can.

Use MED MED SEN to heal up when needed.

When you get going, use COM COM SEN to attack with a COM COM COM thrown in if you can manage it.

In the mid battle you can heal using MED MED SEN but later on you will likely have to use Phoenix Down to keep more than one character in the battle.

Near the end, when you "just about" have him beat, forget about using your monster friends or a healing paradigm and just keep wailing away (using an occasional Phoenix Down) until he is down.

Not pretty and sometimes a very close battle but it does work.
1 0

Where can i find tonberry ? Answered millionsunback
Where do I find Don Tonberry In Bresha 100 AF? Answered Blackmarvel79
How do I beat (raspatil)? Open mortein08
How do I beat Illuyankes? Open frederick_hull
How do I beat Long Gui? Answered millionsunback