Question from tazmo72

How do I solve Show off your "bestiary"?

So, I have completed all the monsters and have a check by each one based on the list in the FAQ's section, but Dr. M will not give me the fragment and I get the same old message. Do I need to tame all the tamable monsters? Suggestions. I have check the list twice...

tazmo72 provided additional details:

Ok. I have tripled checked and have all the monsters with checks. I have not tamed (have the crystals) for all the monsters. Is that a requirement to complete?

tazmo72 provided additional details:

Great advice. I have double checked about 3-4 times. I have all the monsters and all have checks. I haven't tamed them all but according to everyones entry, that does not matter. I noticed some comments on beating all the monsters. It there a chance I have encounters all the monsters but not "beat" them and that is the issue. I did Librascope some tuff ones because I did not want to spend the time to beat them. Could that be the issue? How can I tell on the bestiary which one I have not beat?

tazmo72 provided additional details:

OMG. I finally found it, I HOPE. I was missing Feral Creature - Terragquatic - Ceratoraptor (close to Ceratosaur). They are so close I just overlooked it and somehow was counting 10 instead of the 9 I had in that catagory. OFF TO FIND THE MF!!! Thanks for all the help post!!!

Answers

AZorro007 answered:

Other contributors have said that the posted Monster Location FAQ is dead on.

Assuming that you are using it and it is correct, double and triple check your acquisitions. Several monsters in the list have multiple forms (e.g., Caius has 8). Also, you will need to have seen all of the paradox endings to assure coverage as well.

If it is as you say, I would suggest that you take a look around for a "more complete" list of fiends. Apparently the one you are using is not working for you.

Parhaps an internet seach for a list would be helpful as another double checking mechanism.
0 0

ad508 answered:

All you have to do to acquire the fragment is encounter and defeat every monster in the game.
I used Sakurayule's 'Monster FAQ' to check my complete bestiary, and the numbers provided on the 'Monster Category Checklist' proved most useful for me.
Make sure the numbers on this list match up with the amount of monsters in each of your monster categories.
Personally i fear you may have missed out on the monster 'Dreadnought' (alone in it's own category), as i believe you can only encounter it at one point in the game (Vile Peaks 10 AF, narrow walkway after 1st twilight odin battle, before you leave), having re-visited post-fight to find it, to no avail.
Just trying to help, good luck!
0 0

bjc1234 answered:

For this fragment, you only need to encounter every enemy in the game. You don't need full information on them or tame all of them. You can search some videos and compare your list with theirs. I'm pretty sure your missing at least one of them.
0 0