Question from AKavg

Where exactly is the Green Chocobo?

After 1 hour in both 110AF and 100AF Yaschas Massif in the searchlight region looking for the green chocobo, I'm yet to see it spawn (not even once...).
Does it spawn only in a very specific place? which one is better 100AF or 110AF?
Should I keep Battlemania skill On?
Thanks.

AKavg provided additional details:

Actually I was looking for a Medic for very late game and the green chocobo seems to be one of the best.
I have maxed out crystarium and 157/160 fragments (paradox Caius, Yomi and Bestiary are missing). Not much else to do besides this =/.

Answers

AZorro007 answered:

Green Chocobo is found in both although the bestiary indicates the source location to be 100 AF.

I find that generally in this game the spawn rate for fiends may vary with where you are in the game story line wise. For the Green Chocobo, "later" may be better than "earlier".

I had little trouble collecting several Green Chocobos as I played through but, unfortunately, I do not remember exactly where I was in the story line sequence when I made the captures.

I did not use any special skills such as Battlemania whne making the captures. Try turning it off as it does not seem to be needed.

If you are looking for a healer, may I suggest Cait Sith as a starting point until you get your Green Chocobo.

As for Green Chocobo, if it doesn't show up "fairly quickly", try a [reset] operation to see if a different data load might help. If that doesn't work, check the alternate area. If both prove unsuccessful, go away, proceed to complete some story line event or event, then go back and try again.

I think it a bit strange that it is not appearing in a "reasonable" amount of time.
0 0

kanataruforever answered:

I found that if you spend enough time farming whatever monster you are looking for you tend to run into several in a very short time, but also resetting to your most recent save seems to help as well.

Unfortunately the only chocobo that is supposedly affected by Battlemania is the normal one, the rest seem to just be uncommon. I farmed my green chocobos (4 to date) while farming other monsters in the raised area BEFORE the spot lights. Just run around in circles there and you should have no problem getting them.

White chocobos are also medic class.
0 0

Pyrotarlu answered:

It has a very low spawn rate.

The best place i found to get him was on Yasha 110AF or 100AF. Go to the spot wher you start at 10 AF (southern west), turn on higher encounters.

You then proceed to go on the right edge of that place, near the jump. When you jump off the plateform on the right, the monsters disapear. It allows you to chain encounters and fight only when green chocobo pop.
1 0

rpglover13 answered:

Like Pyrotarlu said, if you go to that spot and just keep trying you should get it. That's how I got mine.
0 0

drunkenmongkee answered:

The area where the long crack in the ground is. Run around in a circle on the right side of the crack close to the wall (I say to the right assuming you are facing the the spot where chocolina used to be)
0 0