How to star a side quest in Archylte Steppe?

1. I cant Get any more fragments someone said just talk to the people by the weather machine but i cant and i want to get the ochu mission and get the paradox ending but i cant get the fragments i have got 7/12?

User Info: RJ5955

RJ5955 - 4 years ago
    I have 8/12 and i got all the cactaur statues but i cant get the monster missions and i meant to say start a mission

User Info: RJ5955

RJ5955 - 4 years ago
    I am not trying to get the paradox ending for the Archlyte Steppe. i mean get it for the whole game i just need to get the fragments i have got the paradox scope and i have got almost all the paradox endings

User Info: RJ5955

RJ5955 - 4 years ago
    I only need 4 more fragments for this area which would be the 4 beast's Long Gui, Ochu, Immortal, Yomi

User Info: RJ5955

RJ5955 - 4 years ago
    I have tried reactivating them and i had no success in starting the mission

User Info: RJ5955

RJ5955 - 4 years ago

1. This is to provide an update to the original answers provided when the question first appeared.

ORIGINAL ANSWER

Here is a report on a work in progress that may help?

I find that I can only initiate the "Faeryl Mission" in Sunny weather. The requestor will not talk to me otherwise. Then, I cannot fight the beast unless it is stormy weather and that not until after I have cycled the weather through various states.

So, since you have completed the three "preliminary" side quests and activated the cactuar stones, it would seem that the Ochu quest should be available. The Ochu, when it appears, appears in rainy weather for sure.

So, as a guess, try walking about the village under various weather conditions. Speak with everyone with a "Talk Balloon" each time. If that works, then the Ochu will appear in Rainy weather in the Clearwater Marsh.

If that doesn't work, I have to guess at what might work. Did you ride a chocobo yet? If not, do it, then recheck.

Have you used every cactuar stone to transport somewhere? If not, do it.

The other thing you might try is to go and activate the three "Big Green" cactuar stones and fight those fiends if you haven't done so. Then recheck for a requestor.

UPDATE

Apparently the Ochu side quest seems to become available only after certain actions have been performed. The exact requirements to to do this are still under investigation but here is a summary of what seems to be needed to do that as of the time this is written.

1. Complete the frst three story line quests needed to gather an item that enables defeat of the Giant Flan in Sunleth Waterscape 300 AF.

2. Locate all five "small" cactuar stones and use them for transport to collect their five fragments.

3. Activate the three "large" cactuar stones and, for each, defeat the fiend that appears.

4. Return to the Nomad Camp and speak with the leader of the Hunter Group (Tipur) during windy weather to start the quest.

User Info: AZorro007

AZorro007 (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0

1. To start the mission against the four "big game" monsters, you just need to have activated all eight cactuar stones (4 red, 1 yellow and 3 blue) then talk to the sheep lady.

User Info: Trentos487

Trentos487 - 4 years ago 0 0