Review by Ultimate_Finale

"Final Fantasy XIII-2: A Game You Should Add to Your 101 Games to Play Before You Die"

First of I would like to say that I am playing an imported JP version of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and my understanding of Japanese is just above average. So with that out of the way lets start the review.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 starts where XIII left us (if you've played the game). After the events of XIII Lighting (XIII's main protagonist) disappears and Serah (Lightning's sister) and Noel must find a way to get her back by travelling through time and defeating a great enemy.

The game is so fun to play! At first the battles seem to go a bit slow but as you go through the game it becomes so much lighter and you'll be able to blast through battles while still sitting on the edge of your seat. The battle system has pretty much stayed the same while there was a few changes such as the monster allies. The monster allies is for me the core of the battle system because without monster allies the battles would just comprise of 2 people against up to 6 enemies! The fun doesn't stop with monster allies though, you can even decorate them! The fun I've had playing with different combinations of 'decorations' for monster allies is phenomenal.

Another brilliant addition to the game is the Historia Crux. The Historia Crux is a path that has multiple options that allows you to change the story and get one of the 5+ endings.

The story for this game isn't as good as XIII but it sure does give you that tongue-in-cheek experience. The events of course change depending on what you do within the Historia Crux but the actual structure of the game is the same. With several bosses and a multitude of enemies to destroy, decimate and absolutely obliterate the story never dies down no matter how many times you play it.

Graphics:10/10

The graphics are massive improvement upon XIII's. While the graphics are not blu-ray quality it still packs a punch. The CGI scenes are still top-notch just like they were in XIII so every explosion, hair and building has brilliant detail. What amazed me the most about the graphics were the real-time scenes. They are absolutely amazing, Serah is the best for this because the facial expressions as well as the movement of her body it just outstanding.

Play Time & Replayability: 10/10

The replayability of this game is just outstanding because of the 5+ endings, multiple choices across the Historia Crux that change the story and many side-quests. The play time is also really high, it took me around 30 hours to complete the game and that was only doing a bare minimum of about 5 side-quests.

I highly recommend this game to anyone, whether you are hard-core RPG player or new to RPGs or new to Final Fantasy (don't worry if you haven't played XIII, the start of XIII-2 tells you what happens). With lots of replayability and play time, mind blowing graphics and an amazing soundtrack. You will have your mind blown away and you won't be able to put the controller down

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/09/12

Game Release: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (JP, 12/15/11)