Question from Rd2ClosureVol12

Sam's dialogue missing from cutscene. Anyone else experience this?

The cutscene that occurs at the end of the Bath house mission in Chaos Theory, the one where Sam kills Doug, Sam is supposed to say "You're right, I wouldn't shoot an old friend." But his voice seems to be cut out, I can still hear everything else going on in the cutscene while Sam's mouth is just moving silently. This is really bugging me. Did I just get a dud or something or is this happening everywhere?

Answers

bongobreak answered:

Yup, I noticed it too.

The only thing I can think of is it may have something to do with the trophies - there's one for shooting Doug and for <I>not</I> shooting Doug also (even though he gets pushed into the abyss and dies anyway) and so the devs may have cut that last line to account for that particular choice - since I suppose it wouldn't make sense to say 'You're right' etc.... when you <I>didn't</I> shoot him.
And I guess they couldn't (or maybe couldn't be bothered to) fit in another cutscene with that line included, to account for the choice of shooting Doug.

Of course I may be completely wrong, but it's my best guess.

:-)
0 0

You_Need_A_Life answered:

Hm? Odd, that doesn't happen in mine...do you guys have the Digital Download version? 'Cause mine is the disc, which I understand is far less buggy than the DL ones.
0 0

Paragon57 answered:

It has happened with me. There is supposed to be dialogue, but this may just be a glitch as Sam says, "You're right. I wouldn't." In the original versions.
1 0

How to save to a USB flashdrive DURING a mission? Open daddy12910
Samaritan trophy Pandora Tomorrow? Open daddy12910