Question from atrock

Battlefield 3 Freezing Issues?

my BF3 for PS3 keeps freezing up on me. It has frozen 6 times in the first 15 minutes of the beginning of the game. is anyone else having these issues? and if so, have you resolved them?

Spartan_Jedi117 asked for clarification:

My game is freezing a lot. It loves to freeze whenever I'm online...

Answers

ThaChamp25 answered:

Mine has only froze once so far and that was on the fourth or fifth level. I just dusted the game and my PS3 off and it worked after that.
0 0

dra6o0n answered:

Check if it's a issue with the game, or a issue with your PS3, because most players might have the older PS3s that might be full of dust that ends up producing heat that bogs down the performance and crashes it.
1 0

bluesoverdrive answered:

My PS3 is new and it only freeze when playing BF3. I have played a total of 1:11 hour on multiplayer mode, it freezed once.
0 0

arbdef answered:

There are two factors.. bad programming and bad PS3 paste.. the first one will never be fixed but the second many people (myself included) have had luck replacing the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU. The old stuff is crap. If you are under warranty don't do it.. if you are out of warranty then geek away.
1 0

darfknob answered:

I had the same issue and i fixed it by re-updating my ps3
0 0

TheFlamingW answered:

Often happens to me when I join a game that is Grand Bazaar on Conquest or Rush, my suggestion is to join a game that has that map next in the rotation, which doesn't seem to affect it
0 0

gphjr14 answered:

It's frozen twice for me and everytime its at the mission comrades.
It corrupts my save and doesn't load the game so I've started over once already and since it's done it at the same mission and it seems to be a common problem I guess that means that EA can't make games for ****. Since I encountered another glitch in BF2 where I was constantly insta-killed by a helicopter even when I had already shot it down.

At least it was free with PS+
0 0

straight_grain answered:

I think i solved my freezing problem. I went to game data utility and deleted game data. Then started the game when asked to install update i cancelled and instead installed from disk. When i started multiplayer I chose to install update, but this time the update file was much smaller. Now it plays fine no more freezing.
0 0

SirNikolai answered:

I'm trying Straight_grain idea.
0 0