Question from jonfox84

How do I solve (New York Magic Lantern solution)?

Ok, the hint's title is: V.OF THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CRAFT IN WORKING. I have damn near tried it all without ripping my hair out, and still can't get the door open. The door is easiest accessible from the Trinity Church fast travel point in the NY underground. In the first intersection leaving from the door, you travel north and continue on a northern path at every intersection after to reach the door. The puzzle's hints are: ALL MASONS SHALL WORK HONESTLY UNDER THE SUN(indicating the sun goes on the bottom), MASON'S RECEIVING THEIR LAWFUL AND JUST WAGES RIGHTLY(the balance scale should be on the right), FOR NO MAN CAN BE LEFT TO FINISH ANOTHER'S WORK(the symbol for man to the left), NOR SHALL THEY TEACH LABOURERS AND UNACCEPTED MASONS AS THEY SHOULD SEE OVER AND TEACH A BROTHER OR FELLOW MASON(which would suggest the mason symbol goes up top). I have tried it this, the most logical way and many other not so logical ways and I still can't open the door. Any help would be appreciated.

PokiiSama answered:

The answer to this one is:

Top: Sun
Left: Man
Right: Mason
Bottom: Scale

I have no idea why, since the clue would lead you to believe otherwise, but that's what worked.
6 0

Answers

clenzor answered:

The way that I solved these if they were unclear was to figure out 2 that I knew for sure. In the case of the fifth one FOR NO MAN CAN BE LEFT TO FINISH ANOTHER'S WORK shows the symbol for man on the left. MASONS RECEIVING THEIR LAWFUL AND JUST WAGES RIGHTLY shows the symbol for justice (scales) on the right. Then you can just switch the other two around until you find the correct sequence.
0 1

JackSolomon answered:

In answer to PokiiSama, the hint is "ALL MASONS SHALL WORK HONESTLY UNDER THE SUN", it's a trick, it means that Mason goes UNDER the sun symbol. Since we know the Mason goes on the right, therefore, the sun goes on top.
0 1

LordArkhan answered:

PokiiSama is correct. I used hid placement and it worked perfectly. Not sure why the clues tell you differently for almost everything and contradict themselves.

ALL MASONS SHALL WORK HONESTLY UNDER THE SUN to me this puts the sun on top with Masons on the bottom

but then this,

NOR SHALL THEY TEACH LABOURERS AND UNACCEPTED MASONS AS THEY SHOULD SEE OVER AND TEACH A BROTHER OR FELLOW MASON

Seeing over and teaching a brother or fellow mason would have me put men on the bottom and masons on the top.

I think they just want you to figure it out on your own as all of the other puzzles like this are handed to you.
0 0