Question from TheSlayerX

Where do I find the bear?

I'm looking for a bear I want to get the trophy where can I find it cause I yet to come across one.

From: VoidofTime 2 years ago

In Johns Town, Northeastern part of Frontier.
From the Homestead, head south,
On the map is an piece of land that is separated by 2 rivers and it looks like an island
My nickname for that place is called Bear-land
I go there all the time to hunt me some bears for their pelts and i get loads of money selling em using naval convoys to virgin islands, but thats besides the point.
If your looking for the Man Eater Bear, you should use the marking on your map, it says hunting society, but its nowhere near the actual society. You should find it easily by following clues there

They are found in two reigons of the Frontier, John's Town and Packanack.

There is an area in the far west of the frontier (I forgot the name) and it has a TON of bears. I mean we're talking Tall Trees, Nekoti Rock in Red Dead Redemption. Good luck :)

Are you talking about just a bear in general or the Man Eater bear?

Like what i_ST3 has said, you can find bear on that two places, but LOTS of them are in the Packanack area.

Indeed they are in those two area's.
My personal favorite hunting ground for bears is in Packanack.
I always go to the left side of that area. Look for a small island.
Encountered 2 bears on the road towards it and 2 - 3 bears on the island itself.

Found 3 within 2 minutes in John's Town down by the river. The first one was standing on the rocks looking into the river and the other two were very close by.