Question from kartagunitt

Why cant i find a convoy to rob?

Im trying to get the trophy "Prince of Thieves" but i have been on here for 3 hours and i havent seen one convoy to rob at all!

Where is a popular place to find them?

From: Theodosis 2 years ago

I found where the convoys spawn. You must go to Diamont Basin northwest at the main road and find the point the road curves. Climp up the rocks, move, kill or hunt something near the road and a convoy should appear. I wanted two convoys so after killing the first one (with bare hands to get the trophy) I went far away to another region and returned again at the same point (so the previously killed convoy would clear and load the region map again). After a minute or so of foolling around the second convoy spawned. I will post a map at message board with the road marked in red for everybody.

Convoys are really tricky. they only come out in the frontier every so often, and for them to show up on your map you need to be close enough to it unfortunately. For the trophy itself use your bare hands and put them to sleep.

This one is kinda hard. If you haven't liberated the forts, then you should have a decent chance to encounter them.
Stick to the roads leading towards the forts. (not right in front of them)
You should see a few. I dont know the respawn rate of them.
If you did liberated the forts, the still appear but in fewer occasions.

Hint: Try to attack the convoy with only 1 cart. You can subdue the 4 behind quite easily. You do have to keep track of their place in the convoy so you dont alarm them.
At the front are three left. Subdue the right guy with the musket. After that you only need to worry about the leader and the drummer.

Now, If you were like me, being stupid, and completing the game and assaulting all the forts before going after convoys, then this is what you do.
Go to the frontier
Go to an area that is not near a big town like Concord or something
Find the main road, (wide enough path for a convoy)
Run along the road for a while and eventually one will spawn
(It is best to just walk the main roads while doing other things instead of fast traveling and you will run into a convoy anyway)
If you want the Prince of Thieves thing:
Use your fists, quietly choke the 4 guys behind the convoy
Use your fists, quietly choke the guy holding the musket, not the guy in the very front or the drummer
Use your fists to beat the crap outta the captain
Use your fists to knock down the drummer
Steal from the convoy