Question from cycotic_clown

Lock pick skills??

While walking around the island I noticed some of the bigger crates say I need a lock pick skill. Does anybody know how or when you acquire this skill?

Livino answered:

It's unlocked in the survival tech tree everyone gets it early except Sam B guessing for his character role as a tank. Lock picking has some potential in the long run of the game since alot of the "best" weapons may be found in the metal chest. But they give you good weapons based on your current level so if you get a weapon it'll be to the strength of your current level (White - common, Green - Uncommon, Blue - Rare, Orange - Unique, Purple - Exceptional). So end game when money wouldn't matter anymore going treasure hunting for level 3 chest would be an investment for modified weapons giving your blue weapons to the rare violet.
2 0

Answers

DaakuCloud answered:

There is a Lock Skill tree in the Survival Area of the skill section, Tier 1-2 if I am not mistaken. There are three levels of lock picking and simply unlocking them will allow you to open those crates. However, there is no fancy way of doing so like you would see in things like Oblivion
1 0

hatfield522 answered:

You will have to spend skill points to unlock the lock picking skills.
1 0

Avenger1324 answered:

Purna is a good character for this as she gets lockpick early and can combine it with Jackpot skill for +15% chance of rare loot.

Locked chests and their levels do not guarantee great loot, but they do tend to be better than you can find elsewhere. Also level 3 chests appear slightly red to make them stand out - there is one in Resort Bunker #2 once you have helped Nikolai
1 0

RobinEkariski answered:

It's in the Skill Tree, you should see in the Survival.
1 0

Does anyone wanna play online with me for ps3? Unanswered harry-graham
A Tough Nut to Crack sidequest ? Unanswered Coltheart
Explosive mod ? Unanswered Coltheart
Where can I find another signal amplifier ? Open silvrsurfr2112
Anybody want to do a Let's Play with me? Open AidyBoy945