Question from zeos26

Storyline differences?

I haven't play Dead Rising 2, I was about to when I found out a re-make of the game was about to be realesed, still I want to ask if anyone knows what differences are between

zeos26 provided additional details:

Dead Rising 2 and "off the record" so I can tell if it is worth buying both or jus this one. Thanks

zeos26 provided additional details:

Answers

T3RM1N470R117 answered:

The differences in the story are:
Frank West is there instead of chuck green.
Some Psycho battles were removed or remade.
New Psychos
Completely different ending and beginning.
0 0

geminij3 answered:

Think of it as being kind of like Pokemon games, they have the same basic gameplay and story, but there are minor differences between them.

I'd suggest getting Off the Record, and looking up the story for the original if you're interested. This version is essentially the same game, but with many improvements and fixes. Although, if a Dead Rising 3 ever gets made, the story will likely follow from Dead Rising 2.
0 0

MegaManXPowered answered:

Off The Record's story has nothing to do with the original game's Timeline, just like Chop 'Till You Drop. Consider it a Sequel to Chop 'Till You Drop (Storywise). Dead Rising 2 has the real story. However, Off The Record is better than Dead Rising 2 when it comes to Gameplay.
0 0

Psycho differences? Open Trigger_Monkey
Need serious partner for co-op trophies? Unanswered shawnr_2008
Can anyone help get the all Coop Challenge Trophies? Unanswered DeadlySpartan16
The extra clothes? Unanswered jacobghawk
Help? Open monsterDD