Review by AssassinCaveman

"Great ending for Ezio. But isn't this game series about Desmond?"

By now with the Assassin's Creed games the fact they are doing this annually is starting to really be an issue. I knew there would be problems with the game the moment I found out Brotherhood wasn't the end of Ezio's story. Making that game ironically technically worse than this one.

If or example Brotherhood didn't exist and the major events in it only occur in the DLC of this game and Assassin's Creed 2 it would have been better for all parties.

Instead we have Assassin's Creed 2 and three quarters since they don't want to focus on another ancestor and Desmond is going to be the hero of the next game.

The biggest issue is while we can see his personality despite being the so called "main character" of all four AC games by now Desmond should have plenty of backstory to make me care about him. But instead these last two games don't even touch on him unless you really want to besides the beginning and ending of the games, and even then it's him doing something he learned from his ancestors to get done that leads into the next game. This one is no different.

The soul highpoint in this game is that it ends both of the other characters you have played's storylines.

Outside that because we have it yearly the game is average since it doesn't feel new. and what new stuff they do have if kinda useless. I like that you can use the parachute more in this game, but the hookblade just gives you some new animations and the building are different so now you need it to climb stuff.

The Bombs are a neat idea, but not many missions need them and honestly very few times will you ever need them in a mission to get 100 percent unless you didn't bother with the getting other assassin's mechanic.

And when an addition like the tower defense game you get to save your dens now and again, is something you are encouraged both in story and gameplay to avoid it tells you from that alone not to bother with it. hell if it did happen I just let the Templars have it and retook the thing later since if your smart about it you never have a den attacked and your assassins can protect the den instead for good when at their max level.

Graphic are to some starting to get dated because they are the same as the 2 year old AC2, which again I think wouldn't have been so bad if Brotherhood didn't exist.

In short nothing new about this game is good, all the good new additions are extended from a game the makes all the others around it worse ironically. And the ending isn't satisfying at all.

Wait for a complete collection or skip, I know I'm avoiding the next game until I know it's the end of this series for good.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 01/11/12

Game Release: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Signature Edition) (US, 11/15/11)