Review by Vincent-VII

"Assassin's Creed: Revelations, By Vincent VII"

Assassin's Creed: Revelations... In my opinion, the greatest Assassin's Creed game that there ever was. I was truly impressed by the graphics for the time. They were outstanding, the character models, swords, weapons, etc.. Another thing was the environment. It showed impressive structures, stores, and other buildings that were obviously made to impress. The game mechanics and AI, were truly amazing (I will explain everything in full detail later.). I loved when I would get into fist fights, because it was so smooth. This game also didn't hold your hand as much as Brotherhood did. I found this quite enjoyable, as, the game didn't baby-sit you throughout the entire game. I also really loved all of the extra costumes, they were very cool and enjoyable. I loved how the robes of Altair weren't glued to his legs, like in 3 and 4. Also, for people with no internet or bonus things, they added really cool dyes for the costumes. There is around 15 different awesome dyes. One problem I have with this game, is how dreadfully boring it is at the end of the game. I don't mean 100% beat it, like all of the collectables. I mean, after the campaign. It is just this game. Brotherhood, 2, they weren't boring at the end, it's just this one. Getting all of the collectables are boring, and getting all of the weapons is too easy, because they are dirt-cheap. Most of the weapons, vary between 1000 and 10000. It seems as though, this might be expensive, but they're not. After you beat it, I would recommend replaying it instead of doing random things. Actually, I have two complaints. The tower-taking system is really annoying. Taking over bases, then Templars attack it again. It's just a waste of time. I also loved 2 more things. The assassin system, and the business system. How you can buy stores, and choose which ones to open. And the assassin system, where the assassins aren't just a distraction in this game, they actually help. Another thing is the base system. Buying a base, giving it to thieves, mercenaries, or beggars. Over all this game is really good. All of the new mechanics make the Assassin's Creed games really fun and enjoyable. If I could add one thing, that would be to give the player more freedom, and customization. I know many of you think I'm crazy, but, if you can imagine, you making your own sword, clothing, and assassins. That, in my opinion, would be a really nice, generous feature to AC fans everywhere.

Since a lot of you probably want me to go into more detail about what I mean, I will. I will start with the complaints for the games. If, they could make the Templar attacks more rare, that would make room, for maybe a 9.5. I think it is a good feature for boredom, but if you are doing something and suddenly get attacked, that could ruin your plans. I really like the battle system, but sometimes they can get really weak, and you can accidentally place them where you don't want them to go. Anyway, during the game, I sometimes feel, as though, the npc's are way to easy to fight. Sometimes just pressing the counter button and the attack button bores me as I kill enemies in 2 seconds. Well I feel like I've complained enough, let's talk about what I like about this game. A really good feature is the weapon system. How you can change between tons of main, secondary, ranged, and collectables really quickly. While I'm talking about arsenal, I think I'll talk about the dyes. There are many dyes, many cool ones, a few really bad ones. For example, a good one is the last one. It is white and red, resembling ACB Ezio, or Altair. A couple are the same costume in brown and orange (now, this is not an insult for the people who like it. I'm just saying I hate it. So, to each his own.), which I hate.

All of these reasons add up to why my final score for this game is a 8/10. I will do a review on Assassin's Creed 3, soon.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 05/30/14

Game Release: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (US, 11/15/11)