Mitsurugi's Critical Edge is not unblockable?

1. In Mitsurugi's movelist the Critical Edge is suppose to unblockable but I did it a few times to people online and they blocked it. How does it keep getting blocked and how/what is the timing to make it unblockable?

User Info: kpxmay

kpxmay - 4 years ago

1. well actually its not just mitsurugi's critical edge that can be blocked apparently anyone's critical edge can be blocked by what some call a Just Block, where you press the block button right before u get hit. Almost like a parry but simply like the name suggest, just blocking at the right moment. As for the timing to make mitsurugi or anyone else's critical edge unblockable for any matter u need to either launch or bounce ur oppenent depending on the character ur using the combo will be different. With mitsurugi i like to either 3b and then do the critical edge while they are in air, this works with other launch moves for mitsurugi as long as ur in range, or u can do like the move list suggest for combos and do (crouch)1b~b and then insert the critical edge. im sure there is plenty of combonations u could do so just go out there and experiment and see what works with ur style.
    sorry for the long post but anyways good luck and have fun!

User Info: kyolam

kyolam - 4 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I don't have a lot of experience with Mitsurugi's Critical Edge, but I'd imagine the problem here is that only one of the strikes are unblockable.

User Info: sumostickfigure

sumostickfigure (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. I know, I thought it was unblockable, but the AI has blocked it!

And I know easy mode Pyrrha didn't just block it - maybe it's just his.
    Also, everyone's CE is blockable, but I thought his was, too.
    It looks like a fire attack.

User Info: Ventwig

Ventwig - 4 years ago 0 0
  3. It's blockable.Just not the second hit,if you watch the corner under your guys name it will show when the attack is unblockable,same with Aeons brave edge.

User Info: blackart1111

blackart1111 - 4 years ago 0 0