Any advice for doing Just Guards?

1. The manual with the game says to press and quickly release G the moment that an opponent attacks to perform a Just Guard.

I've tried many many times and haven't gotten one yet. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

User Info: rbrawlsack

rbrawlsack - 4 years ago

Answers

1. It needs to be timed *PERFECTLY* when the opponent's attack strikes you, within four frames I believe. At sixty frames per second, that's not much room for error. So I recommend trying it against Nightmare's Critical Edge. It has a huge amount of startup time(if you don't trigger the guard impact at least), so you've got plenty of time to prepare to tap the guard button. If you want to practice doing it you can record the CE motion in training mode and have Nightmare constantly spam it.

User Info: Wandrian

Wandrian (Expert) - 4 years ago 1 1
  2. After experimenting a while in easy mode i just went and made a room with some friends.
    We spammed the G button while the other guy attacked.It took a bit but we got the trophy.Doing it in online matches seems impossible,better off sticking with guard impact.

User Info: blackart1111

blackart1111 - 4 years ago 0 1
  3. The best advice that helped me is that you you have to tap and release G BEFORE your attack hits. It's not going to work if you do it at the same time you hit them.

User Info: MakoInfusion

MakoInfusion - 4 years ago 1 1