Question from Supreme_Bananas

Sprawling/finishing takedowns?

Hello.

I'm having a real problem sprawling and finishing takedowns. I never manage to take people down, even with someone like Sean Sherk, and I can't defend 95% of the takedowns either.
Is there some sort of trick to the shining with the right stick? Like fast or slow, clockwise or anticlockwise? None seem to work for me...

Supreme_Bananas provided additional details:

Thanks, it seems the full circle/normal speed method is the key

Betterdayz7 answered:

Try to play against a friend to get a good feel on it... The computer seems to be hard to take down, even on easier difficulties...

Anyways, shining the right stick is the correct way to do it. From what ive heard, its more important to have full rotations and not really fast incomplete ones.

If you do a takedown while the other fighter punches or kicks high, the takedown will be instant and shining is not necessary.

If someone tries to takedown you, you can either hold back on the right analog stick, making it an instant sprawl (you have to do this before the fighter comes so close that you will "fight for position", the shining thing) holding bak on the left stick and do a kick will also be a counter.

If the fight for position starts, where you have to shine, ive had more luck being sure i spin the analog completely around in normal tempo, more than rushing with incomplete spins.

Try a char with high takedown offence vs a char with low takedown defence and check it out, practise a little and see what works for you

Hope this helps :)
0 0