Review by YoYoLeFtToRiTe

"Dead or Alive fans reunite once again to experience the best fighter on the system."

It's been a long time since wayward fans of the beloved Dead or Alive series teamed up or competitively challenged one another to a fight only Team Ninja can provide. For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last, I don't know, 15 years and never heard of this series, the first thing you'll probably notice about this game is the attention to sex appeal. Straight from the get go, you'll see voluptuous women beating the daylights out of each other in many, many ways. With that being said, if you were to ask anyone heavily involved into marketing, they'd probably agree with you that sex is extremely popular in that regard. And when mixed with some of the most addictive gameplay formula a fighting game could ever have, then you've gotten one hell of a combo. I'm talking about Dead or Alive 5.

Presentation: The whole gaming interface and slick menus really bring this game to life. You're never going to see the same match twice. Plenty of options to suit your style, tons of modes, and unlockables to keep you busy for a very, very long time. 9/10

Graphics: Gorgeous uh......assets. Very beautiful environments and character models. 9/10

Sound: The voice actors are solid, but the music isn't really anything to write home about as it borrows a few melodies from previous games. 8/10

Gameplay: Let's face it, this a game for all kinds of fighters. Whether you're a diehard, or casual fighter, you'll be right at home with Dead or Alive 5. It's an easy game to pick up and play, but only the most dedicated players will master this game. It is very challenging from start to finish as well. Characters have tons of moves, and tons of extras to unlock. Oh, yes. If you're a completionist, good luck 100%ing this game. You'll see what I mean when you browse all the trophy requirements. 9.5/10

Replayability: This game will last you a long time. It will probably take you a few weeks to unlock everything, and the online modes will keep you intrigued as you can watch fights from the side lines in spectator mode, or play your heart out facing hardcore opponents. 9/10

Conclusion: Well, there you have it. An inside look at Dead or Alive 5. This game comes highly recommended whether you're a hardcore fighter or not. Dead or Alive has invaded it's way into my heart for many reasons, I'm sure it will for you as well.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/27/12

Game Release: Dead or Alive 5 (US, 09/25/12)