Question from Mekon_ACE

Can I use a PS3 headset for FFXIV ARR for team and FC communication?

I'm fairly new to MMO's (played Wow for 3 months years ago- I was a wizard who spent most of his time dancing naked in towns) and now I want to take a little more seriously.

I have hardly any hardware except for a standard PC keyboard hooked up to the PS3. Are headsets possible? If so, please recommend!

Also any other gear you think might help me with communication or making Eorzean life a little easier would be great!

Massive thanks in advance,

Mekon_ACE

xantiax answered:

As far as I could find out last night, there's no plans for providing voice communication in game. Best to use Skype or Ventrillo or similar :)

Taken from the playstation blog:

"Voice chat wasnt enabled in the recent beta. Will it be integrated in the full version of the game?
Naoki Yoshida: We do not plan on offering official support for voice chat. To explain that decision, the idea of talking directly to other players with your own voice and making it a requirement to do so will not necessarily be a good thing for beginners and new players and many will see it as imposing pressure or causing them unnecessary stress.
I am personally a veteran online gamer so I completely understand the importance of voice chat but if we were to make it an officially supported feature then there is a chance that some players would start to demand that others use it just because it is an official feature.
Of course, we will not be prohibiting external voice chat via Skype etc, so individual player communities can still sort out their own preferred means of communication!"
1 0

Answers

quakernautic2 answered:

There is no plan for implementing voice chat in this game, you will need to use any of the available programs (TS, skype, etc...) on your pc or celphone.
0 0

koza answered:

As it was sid previously - there is no plans for voice chat in this game.

But as for additional "gear" that may make your life in Eorzea easier - use keyboard and mouse (either bluetooth or USB ones) - they will gratly help you: keyboard for typin in-game messages or simple commands (like /soothe or /follow...), while mouse will help you choosing some other things (like syncing to FATE level and other)...

You could even use them instead of your controller to play the game...
0 0

ThePsyko answered:

You could you the PS3 voice chat but I doubt that would work with the PC players. With that in mind use your PC for voice chat.
0 0