Question from KiloTK

How the heck do I use the torch?

So I used the torch until it ran out. But now I can't figure out how to get it back. Do I need to find another? Triangle button at the bonfire only worked once and its no where to be found in my inventory. It's driving me crazy.

KiloTK provided additional details:

So I found others talking about it and I now understand that I simply ran out and need more. So anyone know where to get or buy them?

3DJutsu answered:

Torches aren't a normal inventory item, they are 'activated' at bonfires and have a time limit. You'll notice in the middle of your equip screen there is a timer, every torch you obtain adds 5 minutes to that timer.

I believe you can extinguish a torch to preserve time you don't currently need.

Though they are typically found as loot, it's reasonable to assume they can be purchased in limited quantities from a vendor.
2 0

Answers

Soul-Wolf11 answered:

I'm not for sure on this but so far I've only been able to find them in chests and a corpse or two
1 0

dolanhoodie answered:

There's a box that has a timer in your inventory. each torch you find adds time to it.

torches are useful to illuminate areas, causing certain monsters to not go towards the flame.
0 0

diemtee33 answered:

hey anyone else know where I can get another torch?
1 0

TatsumakiSensei answered:

I have found torches on the hallows that use torches as a weapon but it's not a high drop rate so I suggest using a old coin to bring your luck up temp.
1 0

Stahn75pm answered:

You get a decent amount of torch time through playing normally from chests and items on the ground. There are undead type mobs in the gutter who hold torches and they have a low chance of dropping one, if you wanted to try to farm them. Though they do stop respawning after about 15 kills I think.

(For people who don't know how to use torches) Go up to a bonfire, and press the switch active select button (Triangle on Ps3). You have to be pretty close to the bonfire. You can then light the torch.

After that, you can light the torch from any brazier you have lit already.
1 0

pondrthis answered:

I got oodles of them from killing the torchbearing hollow between the Copse bonfire and the Executioner Chariot, which I was throwing myself at like an idiot until I had wiped out a number of enemies in the area.
1 0

sedativepraise answered:

When you pick up a tie h that will add 30 minutes to the overall time accrued for the torch by picking them up. The remaining time will be shown in your equipment menu next to the torch icon. To activate the torch you can use three different methods. First you will go to a bonfire and toggle until you get the option to " Light Torch." Once the torch is lit it will temporarily replace any item you had equipped in the left hand slot until either the time runs out or you switch back over to the left hand equipped item by pressing it's respective button depending on console or pc. While torch is lit you will be able to light sconces that are located throughout areas of the maps you'll be in. This is useful as once lit the sconces never go out and can in the future be used to relight the torch alternately to running back to a bonfire thus allowing you to keep your left hand equipped items I'm use more often. The last way to light the torch, if you are out of range of a lit sconce or a bonfire and don't feel like tracking one down is a consumable item called flame butterfly. Upon use it immediately sets your torch aflame.
1 0

DarxSoulzII answered:

Some enemies carry them, jut kill them and most of the times the will drop it
the place i usually find torches is The Gutter,and it is really useful there
1 0

DarxSoulzII answered:

I forgot to say that finding more torches will add more time for you to use them
i have 2 hours of light, beacause i really don't use it much
1 0

KyoBladezen answered:

You could farm the undead torchmen in huntsmans copse. Everytime I go through there, I always get one at least.
1 0

sasoriobinna answered:

Get touch from the shop or from a enemy. You could collect sticks and burn them with magic.
0 0

Death_Master911 answered:

You can find Torch carrying hollows out in Hunstman's Copse. They drop them when killed. To light a torch, go to a bonfire and press triangle then X. You should now light your torch.
1 0

1337_Haxor_42 answered:

You first have to beat the game.
After you have reached 99.9% completion, the torch becomes avalible for use as a paid DLC.
0 0

Woofsie_ answered:

1) Torches can only be found as loot form torch bearing Hollows throughout the game.
2) You never stated a Flame Butterfly can be used for lighting torches, keep 'em in your hot-bar. Just felt like reminding you.

Good luck figuring this one out!
0 0

AltiarLio answered:

Use a rusted coin and farm the torch hollow in the hunstmans corpse right next to the second bonfire.

Guarantied drop every time.

And then go to a lit couldron or bonfire (toggle Y/triangle) and tap A or X depending what platform you're playing on.

Alternatively you can use a flame butterfly if yu find or purchase one to light your torch without a source, they are extremely helpful in the gutter.
0 0