House steward?

1. I've got a follower from Rorikstead and ive taken him to my house and he wont start a convo about staying there, plus i cant get lumber from saw mills for some reason.

User Info: arnie7854

arnie7854 - 3 years ago

1. It depends on which follower it is. Go to the skyrim wiki and the followers section for a list of all the followers able to be a house steward. As for the lumber situation, you cannot make your own lumber at any place. It must be bought from Lod from Riverwood or the trader's brother at Gray Pine Goods in Falkreath.

User Info: robo-cop487

robo-cop487 - 3 years ago 1 0

1. You can also purchase lumber from Hert at the Half-Moon mill just west from Lakeview Manor on the edge of the lake.

User Info: Juggzalette84

Juggzalette84 - 3 years ago 0 0
  2. I know for sure that every bloodsworn in all 9 realms can be a steward, i have my 3 stewards from the 3 i bought land from.

User Info: jonny41177

jonny41177 - 3 years ago 0 0
  3. Follower of Rorikstead = Erik the Slayer.

Hiring Mercenaries as stewards is a bad idea, they are bugged.

You have to buy the lumber from the owner of the mill. Alternatively, you can ask to cut your own wood. To cut your own:
    1) The owner has to be either at the mill or on their way to the mill while you're cutting (Asking them if you can cut your own wood will set them to watch the saw mill temporarily).
    2) You may have to ask them again to collect the wood you have already cut.

User Info: VT-14

VT-14 - 3 years ago 0 0