Question from Arin_Ryn

Asked: 1 year ago

Where can I find all the Whimsyshire (Secret Level) Ingredient Items?

There have been a few posts with varied information, but none with a cohesive, definitive answer. What are the...

1. Ingredient Items?
2. Locations?
3. Drop Rates?
4. Other Info?

...necessary to be able to access the Whimsyshire level. Thank you in advance.

From: Ph0en1xFlam3 1 year ago

The ingredients are as follows:

Plan:Staff of Herding- Drops from Izual and ONLY from Izual.

Black Mushroom: First floor of the Cathedral in a room look for a pile of glowing mushrooms. NOTE: this does not always spawn so if it doesn't spawn for you simply go back to the main menu and hit continue again.

Wirts Bell: Can be bought from Squirt in Act II Hidden Camp for 25k.

Gibbering Gemstone: Act III Caverns of Frost level 2 drops from a unique enemy called Chilltara. The Caverns of Frost have a 50% chance to spawn in the Fields of Slaughter if it is not them then it will be the Icefall Caves. same as with the Mushroom if they do not spawn then simply go back to the main menu and try again. Also Chilltara will not always spawn so you may have to do it again. It took my third try to get him to spawn for me. There are also some reports of him NOT dropping the gemstone however he dropped it for me.

Once you have all these items go to the Blacksmith and craft it. To get the upgraded versions you have to have beaten the mode higher than the staff you are trying to upgrade. ie for the Nightmarish Staff of Herding (used to create Nightmare Whimsyshire) you need to have beaten the game on Hell. Once this has been done have Act IV queest up where you have to face Diablo go to Bastion's Keep go to the merchant beside the Followers and buy the Upgraded plan from him and then upgrade your staff. Sorry I can't remember how much each upgrade costs. I hope this helped you out.

There are also two other ingredients Leorics shin bone and liquid rainbow. The Shin bone is found in the fireplace in Leoric's Manor (very rare spawn), and the Liquid Rainbow can be found in the mysterious caves in the oasis (It will take a long time to get this one as the Mysterious caves is a rare spawn and the Mysterious Chest where you get the liquid rainbow is as rare a drop).

Cezovic these are NOT needed for the console version of the game. The only ones you need for the console version are Black Mushroom, Wirt's Bell and the Gibbering Gemstone.