Question from EloquentIre

Asked: 10 months ago

How do I obtain ship ammunition from other vessels?

I'm having trouble understanding the mechanics of ship looting in regard to ammunition. When I locate a ship with fire barrels or mortar ammunition and board it, the amount of ammo I have for these weapons doesn't seem to change. I've been boarding ships with the heavy shot for about an hour, and my stock isn't going up. When I do sink ships, I do get the ammo they were carrying. Do you only get the ammo if you sink the ship?

Additional details - 10 months ago

It's listed, alright. I just don't actually get it.

I've gotten ammo for boarding ships. It should be listed with the rest of the take at the ending of the battle.

If you're already at your ammo limit it wont increase.

Are you at your limit for that ammo? If so you cant loot it but if you havent got the upgrades yet you can buy more storage space for your ship

Try buying the ammo at a harbormasters, that way you can see if you it's just a glitch or something.