Review by ThomasClancy

"Metal Gear Solid 4...worth buying a Playstation 3 for?"

I have to say when I heard Konami were bringing out Metal Gear Solid 4, I wasn't suprised at all. It was only a matter of time anyhow before the story continued. I was however, suprised when I heard our hero Solid Snake was old, rusted and busted. Although it had me thinking and worrying at times about how Snake is going to be able to face the competition like he's been face through the years, I still believed Kojima knew what he was doing.

So I put faith in him once again...and was I indeed right to do so.

Instead of writing a story about how excited I was to pick this game up on a midnight launch, I will just give a score to the game in the three main areas of graphics, sound and gameplay.

Graphics
To begin with, we all know that this is the most visually stunning game on the Playstation 3 today. Not to mention being the most visually stunning game of today. Obviously there are arguements about comparing it's graphics to games such as Crysis but let's be honest now, this is a graphics review for Playstation 3 so theres no need to compare.

Sound
Voice acting, bullets fired, explosions, music...fantastic. Couldn't ask for more, the sound makes it feels like your actually in the warzone. I have yet to try surround sound but from what I have heard it is absolutely amazing.

Gameplay
Plenty of cutscenes doesn't alter how much fun you can have playing the game as well as the length of gameplay. The story is split into chapters and each chapter has alot of game time to and exploration to keep you busy. As well as that, it has Online capabilities so there is a very good chance you will be coming back for more.
10/10

Overall...you can guess what I'm going to say overall. If you own a Playstation 3, you must buy it if your a Metal Gear fan. And if your not a metal gear fan then you should try it because it's a whole new experience from modern games. Alot of people will only go for games that are ridiculously popular such as Halo and Super Mario games. But in due time, MGS4 as well as the franchise will be undoubtebly as popular as these games in the eyes of true gamers.

But the main question is...is it worth buying a Playstation 3 for?

Hell yes.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/16/08

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (EU, 06/12/08)