Review by threadysparrow

"SPOILERS* this is possibly the greatest game ever created"

This game is hands down, undoubtedly the greatest video game ever made in our time. This game is is possibly the greatest piece of art ever created for us to witness. From the beginning in the middle east to the end on Outer Haven, this video game produces perfect action, drama, and comedy over and over again. This game had me crying, laughing, enraged, and depressed. There is no equal to this game. I do not believe that I will ever have as great of a video game experience in my lifetime. This game is our generation's Star Wars. This game is better than Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Halo, Call of Duty 4, and may I go as far as saying that the ending is greater than any of the Godfather endings. I love this game, and I will keep it close to my heart for the rest of my life, as should anyone who has ever been a fan of something or is just a Metal Gear Solid 4 nerd like myself.

My favorite part of the game was when I was on the helipad on Shadow Moses and the music was playing. The woman was capturing the nostalgia of 9 years ago in every beautiful note. When the security camera at one part of the helipad fell from the ceiling, it reminded me of how many times I have been picked up by that camera and almost killed. And to see it fall lifeless to the floor and shatter to pieces made me almost cry because it reminded me of just how long ago it was and just how much everything has changed.

I also loved the Eastern Europe part with Eva as Big Mama.

This game is flawless in every way. The gameplay is perfect and the story is perfect. Not to mention the graphics. Oh my God are the graphics superb.

I loved this game. I love the story. I love all things Metal Gear. And this game is the greatest game I have ever played in my life.

This game changed my life.

Here is my unbiased (lol) review of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Gameplay: The gameplay in this game is flawless. Never again will you accidentally hug up against a wall. And this time the aiming system is an over the shoulder or first person (your choice). No longer do you have to heal broken bones or heal burns or cuts (which I never liked). And now you have constant night vision too.

5/5

Graphics: The graphics in this game are the best graphics in video games. Hands down! Snake's age shows perfectly. The environments came to life and every spec of dust and every little blade of grass and every small and insignificant leaf has a story to tell.

5/5

Sound: Each gun has its own sound and has a different echo depending on whether you are in a field, cave, or indoors. The Gekkos sound like cows though which I will never understand, but it was scary nonetheless. And the music in the game keeps you in and grabs you by the ear. Each level has its own style of music. The Middle East has a middle eastern style of music. The Eastern Europe level sounds like a scene from a spy movie. And Shadow Moses captures the nostalgia of times past.

5/5

Story: I am not even going to review the story... sigh... I love it so much.

5/5

Thank you for reading. Now if you will excuse me, I have some PMCs to kill.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/17/08

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (US, 06/12/08)