Review by fredfredburger9

"The Best Game I Have EVER PLAYED!!!!"

I have always been a fan of the MGS series, however that does not make me biased in favor of this game, I actually think this is the best game I have played in a while.

Gameplay- The Gameplay is amazing. There is a new feature, which allows you to aim over-the-shoulder just like Residen Evil 4 or Grand Theft Auto 4, which makes aiming much. much easier, and to top it of you can still aim through-the-scope, like in Call of Duty 4. Now, the best part about this game, is that you can play the game like a spec ops soldier, sneaking around, going non-lethal, etc., OR, you can go Gears of War/Call of Duty 4 style, and shoot the place up action, using RPGs, assault rifles, grenade launchers, etc. 10/10

Story- The best element in the MGS series to me, is the story. I will not give any spoilers in this review, but the story in MGS4 will wrap-up EVERYTHING in the storyline since Metal Gear on the NES. There are several twists, and OMG REALLY??!?! moments in the story, however if you haven't played any/all of the other games in the series you will be left out of some parts. 10/10

Graphics- The graphics are beautiful, and I'm only playing on a Standard Definition TV, so with an HDMI cable, this game would be absolutely life-like! The detail on the characters is outstanding, when there is a little bit of wind, Old Snake (Main Characters) hair will "go with the flow", and every character has been perfected, you can totally feel their emotions. There are so many shades of colors, and the Octo-Camo feature is outstanding. 10/10

Sound- The voice acting is top-notch with terrific performances by David Hayter and the rest of the cast, it really felt like the game was real!! The gunfire, and shooting, sounded perfect, every gun has a different noise, etc. 10/10

The game will take about 15 hours if you explore just a little, but focus on the main storyline on just Solid Normal ( Which is the normal difficulty)

I absoluetly think that this game is worthy of a 10/10 and I hope if you have a PS3 you definitely BUY this game, it is worth every penny. If you don't have a PS3 , buy one like I did for a fairly good price, and BUY this game haha, but anyways I love this game and I think it deserves a 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/20/08

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (US, 06/12/08)