Review by SUICUNEMASTER

"MGS4 is not the best....but almost."

Unfortunately, this will be an unfair review as some people have problems with me giving 10s, I don't know why, it's my own opinion, but since people find it agitating, I shall do at least one.

In my opinion, story was the main part of the game, and the cutscenes took extremely long to pass on. If you go through the game watching all of them, it is easy to say it'll take you a couple of days to finish it.

But other than the much not-so-needed long cutscenes that explain every little detail, the story is good.

I would give this part a 8, or a 7, but the fact is, I felt cheated when it came to the gameplay. It was short, and when I did play (depending on your difficulty level) it was either short, fast, annoying, or extremely hard (try beating The Boss extreme).

The unlockables are fun and are entertaining to mess around with, but when your having fun, save on a different save. The AI is also annoying in this, they can hear the slightest footstep from a mile away on hard and extreme. At times, I almost thought hard mode was harder than extreme.

Replay value: 7/10

I played through this game 6 times total, and enjoyed each time. But I almost tossed my Ps3 out the window a few times when it came to the extreme and hard modes.I mainly played through it all those times to buy time so I could get another game.

Other than the annoying AI, the over-rated boss fights, and 50 or so cutscenes, the game is well worth playing through a few times. if you have a mild temper, I suggest not play on the harder difficulties, unless you can control your anger.

this is where the game truly shines, from the realistic scenery to naomi hunter's cleavage, the game's graphics are the most beautiful I have ever seen. I tell nothing but the truth when it comes to reviews, and unfortunately some people don't see that. But the point is, the graphics are just as realistic as looking at a family photo. Apart from a few things here and there, they are perfect. They are extremely well detailed, and it really brings you into the game.

The sound is great, from the voices of the Soldiers to the sounds of their footsteps, they are timed perfectly and sound stunning. As though real footsteps. They really worked hard on this as well as the graphics, and they did a great job on both. The music fits in perfectly with the situation and if you don't like the background music, switch to the Ipod.

I felt bad about not giving it a 10, but when I truly looked into the game, I couldn't see past the cutscenes. I am talking about the 30min long cutscenes that take up most of the game. They could have made the game longer, and the cutscenes shorter, but that is where they messed up.

otherwise, this is a perfectly crafted game that utilizes the ps3's full potential. I recommend renting it, though as it is pretty much only good for the story and after you beat The Boss extreme, it is almost garaunteed to make you lose interest.

On the online mode, I am sorry to say that I have not tried it yet, and I won't until I get a mic.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/20/08

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (US, 06/12/08)