Review by BabblingGamer

"MGS4's storyline can stand toe-to-toe to an Oscar-winning movie with an amzingly versatile gameplay."

I've played many video games of all genres but none has effected me this much than MGS4. You can name the best games on Earth and none will have a storyline like MGS4. You can play many FPS games and stealth games but none will have this kind of versatility. Before I bought this game, I was never interested in the MGS series. I thought Solid Snake was this weird guy wearing a bandana and tights fighting enemies. But as I was playing this game I was thinking to myself, "this like no other game".

The best thing about MGS4, the main factor that gave me feelings for this game, the thing that made me not wanting to let go fo this game, was the storyline. 99% of the games across the globe just want the gamers to experience and have fun in the game. MGS4 gives you a totally different feel. The storyline is so in depth with complex and dynamic characters that you're always wondering what will happen next in the storyline. When you watch movies, your attention is always focused in the storyline and MGS4 gets that same attention. Kojima gave us a seemingly serious storyline with a touch of perfectly placed humor, from the humor in cutscenes to the humor in gameplay. There were points in the game where I just felt like crying because of the drama and there were points where I felt very nervous about what's going to happen next. A good storyline from a movie always draws the audience in but this is the first experience I've ever had in a video game. The storyline is revolutionary...

MGS4's gameplay is very versatile and you can play it in almost anyway you want. You can sneak through the game passing every enemy or just shoot through the game. This is a perfect combination of FPS and stealth. Perfectly thought-out, perfectly executed. It gives you the action that FPS games don't give, it gives you the intensity that stealth games don't give. All this combined with immensely detailed graphics and sound in a war-zone setting, gives MGS4's gameplay a completely different experience from your average FPS and stealth games.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is a game for any gamer that is looking for action. It doesn't matter if you like guns, stealth, or just killing things, you'll love this game. Its storyline makes the player feel what the characters feel. If you love movies and video games, this is the perfect combination. MGS4 is worth every penny.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/27/09

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (US, 06/12/08)