Review by wolverinefan

"Just your typical Madden title"

I'm not a fan of football. I couldn't tell you what teams belong in what city or who won the Super Bowl last year. I vaguely follow college football but this is Madden so it's just NFL. This is a kind of limited review due to my lack of knowledge on the sport and because of a few other issues I had.

Graphic wise the game looks really well. Character models look nice as do the stadiums. I found everything to be easily readable, unlike a lot of the games on the 360 which use small text.

Sound wise I am sad to say I can not rate or judge. My PS3 has a sound issue where it either crackles or there is no sound so I apologize for the lack of this but at this time there is nothing I can do to remedy it.

Control wise I think this is one of the easiest football games to play. Control buttons show what to do, it's all very simple and to be honest when I worked at a video store we had someone return an item stating their child couldn't play the game. That being said, a person of very little sports gaming skill was not only able to play the game but was able to win most of the games they played.

If you've played Madden before then nothing new was here that I've noticed since the last version I played, which was a number of years ago. You get a wide variety of modes like franchise, quick play and all of the other things. I'll admit I didn't mess with most of them but from what I gathered it's all the same with very minor tweaks.

One problem I do have with the game is the manual. I have never opened such a bare manual before. It's lacking in basic information which I think is a downside when you pay this kind of money for a game.

I found the Computer AI to be decent and gave me a good enough challenge. The game also offers online play. I was able to access this feature at this time but at a later date I may resubmit this review with everything. But the game does offer enough modes to keep someone busy for a while.

So, is Madden 07 worth the price tag? It really depends. The load times are the worst I've seen in this next gen of gaming. They are truly hideous. It also doesn't feel like too much of an upgrade but there is one major plus for football fans. Because of the easy to upload save features of the PS3 you can more easily get access to updated roasters. I think that would be a draw in for some NFL fans.

Story - N/A