Hdmi?

1. How can enable my hdmi connection since when i turn on my system and select 'yes, i want to output video and audio with hdmi' the screen turns black for more than 30 secs and i have to restart the ps3????

User Info: ironmaz_1

ironmaz_1 - 7 years ago
    What you are doing is the way to "enable" a HDMI connection.

If you are not getting a picture on your display, you are either on the wrong channel/source, or your display does not support HDCP.

User Info: Eoin

Eoin - 7 years ago
    My tv is hd

User Info: ironmaz_1

ironmaz_1 - 7 years ago
    That was diagnosis. Any ways to solve it plz?

User Info: ironmaz_1

ironmaz_1 - 7 years ago

1. If the HDMI cable has gone bad then you can replace it but if it's a resolution problem you're going to have to dig out your TV's manual and check which resolutions are supported and do a manual configuration for those resolutions.

If all else fails try restoring your PS3 to its default settings but if even that fails then you could be looking at sending it to Sony for repair.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 0

1. Eoin has hit the nail on the head though I would like add that it could be that the HDMI Cable has gone bad or you've selected a resolution that your TV Doesn't support.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 0