Why is there an option to create a PS2 memory card, if you cannot play PS2 games on a PS3?

1. Topic

User Info: Camboy_89

Camboy_89 - 7 years ago

Answers

1. Beause the old version of the ps3 is able to play ps2 games

User Info: decrosis

decrosis - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. older version of the console (60G) was able to play PS2 games. Newer version cant but sony just never bothered to rid the icon so just ignore it. there was a USB cable that the PS2 memory units could connect to and able the transferring of data to the harddrive

User Info: Cheese_Slurpy

Cheese_Slurpy - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. It may seem odd that PS3 consoles still let you use the Memory Card Utility to create a virtual PS2 memory card after Sony scrapped the original backwards compatibility with the PS2.

However, this feature has been retained for making backups of game-save data from real memory cards to the PS3's hard drive, in conjunction with a special USB adapter. It just uses the console as a storage device.

User Info: PAL60

PAL60 - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. I've read about a device they have patented. It's supposed to restore PS2 compatibility to PS3 slims. I'm not sure about the specifics, nor do I know when or if it will be released. My guess is it might connect to a USB port.

User Info: Jinzo_111887

Jinzo_111887 - 5 years ago 0 0