Question from MVP96

How do I transfer saved data from a usb flash drive to my ps3/game?

I just bought a PS3. I love to play Madden and my friend and I made roster changes on his PS3/Madden game that I want to tansfer to a my PS3 so we can have similar rosters. I saved the changed rosters onto my usb flash drive and plugged it into my PS3. When I go to load them onto my Madden game, I am able to access the data on the PS3, but it only gives me the options of copy, delete, and info. When I go to the saved rosters on the Madden game, there is no option to load the rosters that I had saved on my flash drive and thus I am not able to access the rosters that I want from my friend. How to I get the Madden game to read/load the rosters saved on the usb flash drive device?

MVP96 provided additional details:

I have done this, but when I am in my Madden game and try to load the data (rosters) I had saved, it does not register or provide the option to open the roster data that I had saved on the USB Flash Drive. How do I access the saved data from the game?

mount-eerie answered:

You need to make some files in your USB drive while it's plugged into your PC
- Create new folder (name it PS3) in your USB Flash Drive.
- Create another folder inside the PS3 folder, name it 'SAVEDATA' (without quotes)
- Drag the folder into PS3/SAVEDATA
- Turn on your PS3
- Plug your USB stick into the USB slot on your PS3
- Under Game > Saved Data Unity, 'USB Device' should appear on the top, select that
- Hit triangle when you see the save on your USB stick, select 'Copy'
2 0

Answers

itwizz answered:

You CANNOT use game data from someone else's PS3 as it is copy protected to prevent cheating so your just going to have to recreate the rosters manually on both your respective PS3s, I'm sorry but thats the way it is.
0 0