Question from Soren10

Why cant my PS3 load games?

I bought it used and have had it for about a year and just last week I tried to play MGS4 but it wouldnt load it, so I tried all my other games and it wouldnt load them either. What do I do?

Thanks for the help, do you think that a gamestop or eb games would install a replacement drive?

Damn! Both of our PS3's went out on the same day!! Someone please help us. I have the original 60Gb that I bought on release day, and it too will no longer read ANY DISCS!! I watched the orphan last night and played some U2, woke this morning and nothing.....Someone please help us, Must we buy new systems or is there a solution????/

1. You can buy and install replacement optical drives yourself. This will void any warranty you have, and will require you to open the machine. It is not terribly difficult but is slightly technical, and you should not go for this option unless you are confident that you won't completely break your PS3.

2. You can look around for a local shop that will install a replacement drive. This will probably cost less than Sony's repair service....but not much less.

3. You can call Sony and they will arrange for the PS3 to be picked up and repaired. Unless you have a warranty this will be the most expensive option.

I have the same problem, so i called the PS support line, they told me to reboot the PS3 in safe mode and choose the third alternative.

Safe mode: switch the ps3 off on the rear switch, then switch it on, turn on ps3 with the standby button, leave your finger on till it goes on standby again, then turn it on again and leave your finger on the standbybutton, when you hear two fast beeps remove your finger and it's in safe mode.

If it's only games you can't load this might fix your problem. Only might as it did'nt work for me, Then you have to get it serviced as mentioned above.