Why does my PS3 keep freezing when I first start it up?

1. Every time I turn on my PS3, it will have quick freezes, which are fixed after a loud squeak that comes from my PS3. Sometimes, these freezes cause the audio to lag or the video to repeatedly skip. This makes the audio out of sync with whats happening on screen. After about 10 minutes, the freezing stops. It only does the freezing when I first turn it on, but it does it every time. Lately, it's been doing the freezing for even longer lengths of time. Is there something wrong with my PS3, or is there something I can do to fix it?

User Info: kingdomlost

kingdomlost - 7 years ago

1. I know this is old, but if you want to try it yourself, open it up and blow off the fan and any dirt out. Do safe mode, reset the system. That said it's not guaranteed to fix anything and playing blu rays on a ps3 is extremely stressing it, so you may still need to have it repaired or replaced.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 3 weeks ago 0 0

1. Your PS3 Is on the verge of dying completely (Developing a YLOD) so return it to Sony for repair and whatever you do DON'T try to fix it yourself as you'll only make it worse and potentially get your console banned from PSN by Sony.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 1