Question from kingdomlost

Why does my PS3 keep freezing when I first start it up?

Every time I turn on my PS3, it will have quick freezes, which are fixed after a loud squeak that comes from my PS3. Sometimes, these freezes cause the audio to lag or the video to repeatedly skip. This makes the audio out of sync with whats happening on screen. After about 10 minutes, the freezing stops. It only does the freezing when I first turn it on, but it does it every time. Lately, it's been doing the freezing for even longer lengths of time. Is there something wrong with my PS3, or is there something I can do to fix it?

Answers

itwizz answered:

Your PS3 Is on the verge of dying completely (Developing a YLOD) so return it to Sony for repair and whatever you do DON'T try to fix it yourself as you'll only make it worse and potentially get your console banned from PSN by Sony.
0 1

Why does my PS3 keep freezing? Open slitherysob
Ps3 Keeps Freezing? Open MGasparotto
Why does my PS3 keep freezing up on me? D: Open D593
Games Freezing? Open Chargerswrsm56
Vanquish freezing? Open egyptian2388