Question from VaanOfTheDawn

Nat type 3 to 2?

Ok so here is my problem. I have a PS3 connected via ethernet cable to a PC, which connects to the internet with a Cricket broadband wireless network card. I am able to get connectivity with the PS3 and run COD MW2 decently. And when I say decently I get disconnect 2 out of 5 games and have a NAT type 3/strict, and connecting a headset is out of the question with this setup as of right now. My question is. Is there anyway that I could somehow set up my computer networking prefaces to enable a type 2/open NAT on my PS3?

VaanOfTheDawn provided additional details:

Yeah that site is not gonna help.

Answers

itwizz answered:

Port forwarding is the answer (www.portforward.com)
0 0

itwizz answered:

In that case your screwed and will have to put up with the inconvenience of disconnects.

All you can do is buy yourself a router and configure it that way or try doing a Google search for "internet connection sharing with a PS3".

You may as well close this as I don't think anyone can help you except yourself.
0 1

itwizz answered:

Also try looking here: www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/qna/927750.html?qid=43986
0 0

jai_cool answered:

If u r able tp play online games sometimes then u just have to go to network sttings>iinternet connection test..............den u will see that the test is going on and when u see nat type 2 or 3 on the screen then cancel the operation and satrt playing game,,:D
0 0

I can't get my PS3 to connect as NAT Type 1 or 2? Open ZeroMatrix666
How do I change my NAT Type from 3 to 2? Open DJA747
Game Type? Open pooky712
NAT type 3 detected? Answered thenoobynoober
I get NAT type 3 on ps3 and open on my xbox360? Open shotguntothed