Question from evil_snuffkin

How can I find out how many GBs my PS3 has?

I just bought my PS3 second hand from a large, well known game store. It was sold to me without a box and I was told it was the 120 GB version. However, I can't seem to find anywhere on the console or in the PS3 menues where I can find out what it actually is. Under System Information - Free Space it says 60/74 GBs...

If it is the 120 I don't know where all the space has gone since the only other game saved is Fallout 3. There is nothing else saved on the console and I've formatted it with no improvements. I have only two games right now, the other being Prototype, and it won't let me play it because it says I haven't got enough space. I need to find out whether its the console or the game that's faulty before I take it back.

Thanks.

evil_snuffkin provided additional details:

Thanks. That's what I thought. I got a friend to check the product number on the outside too and its a 160GB but seems like someone's messed with the hard drive so it has a 80GB on the inside. Back to the shop it goes and I guess I have to buy a new one.

Abecale answered:

To check the space of your Hard drive. Go into the 'Settings' on the PS3 Menu, then into 'System Settings'. Then scroll all the way down to the near bottom of that sub menu to 'System Information'. Enter it and you will see info like what version your ps3 is. IP address for internet, and how much space you have on your hard drive.

Example it would look something like '86GB / 120GB
1 0

Where can I find? Answered nighting13
Cant find hd? Open RPGsplease
Where can I find Fimmion? Open JakeBig4
Why CAN'T i find some demos on my PSN ? Open ali-ali-1411
Where could I find the cheapest ps3? Answered futureTrunks374