Question from bmmello123

How do I save a game in progress on my PS3?

I have created a file on my 120k hard drive, yet from what I have been reading and told, my ps3 is supposed to automatically save this to my dedicated file (it's the only one registered) when I'm playing. I have paused my playing and sought to find an option to save as well to my HD, again no solution. Advice please....

BurgerTime79 asked for clarification:

Some games have save points in the game that you manually use, others allow you to save at any time, and then other ones automatically save at certain points in the game.
Would be nice if you actually said what game you were playing so we know which situation you're in. Games that automatically save specifically state that they do this, and show an icon when they do.

Answers

Oxymandias answered:

The games not the PS3 implement saves. Please consult your games instructions for how it deals with saving and resuming games in progress.
0 0

smestad1 answered:

There is a HDD sign for every ps3 game that shows when it's saving...some places they don't want you to save...however..there is no saving manually anymore...

Just play and look for some kind of sign that comes after a certain action, and there you go...
0 1

azym answered:

Save game option depend on game publisher not ps3 console..certain game have autosave option and will save after you reach certain checkpoint....it is not like pc which you can pause take screenshort/capture/save at anytime while playing game.. if you game doesnt provide autosave option you have to find save game spot
0 0

Sidthekid1 answered:

The simplest way to know when you're PS3 is saving is to look next to the USB hubs.When you turn it on for example,there's a green light that pops on and a yellow-ish orange looking one next to it.That yellow-ish orange one tell you when you're PS3 sistum is either saveing content or loading it,depending on the "situation",if you will,of the game you are currently in.(saveing,loading,ect...)
Whenever you see that light,however,DO NOT turn off you're PS3 concle,as doing this may case you to lose you're game data.
0 0