Unable to read discs: Help?

1. My PS3 suddenly stopped reading discs a few days ago. At first it couldn't make up its mind when to read them or not, and when it did the game I was playing would freeze in a about 10min of gameplay.

Now its just not reading anything!

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what the problem might be or a way to try and solve this? It would be much apreciated

User Info: AudioPrison

AudioPrison - 6 years ago

Answers

1. The easiest solution from your point of few would be that you've too many finger marks on your disks and that the PS3 is failing to read them. I've had this problem a few times when greasy fingered friends have had their mitts on them. Use a decent quality non-scratch cleaning cloth and clean them off. To be honest though if you can't see any scratches or finger marks on them then I'm afraid you going to have to go for a repair. Hope this helps..

User Info: Oxymandias

Oxymandias (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 1
  2. I had same problem had to send to sony for repair cost 178.00

User Info: taterguns82

taterguns82 - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. Try cleaning the discs, if this is not the problem the laser might be worn out or there could be a large buildup of dust in and around the ps3.

User Info: GREENSLIPPERS

GREENSLIPPERS - 6 years ago 0 0