Why is my ps3 taking so long to download rentals from the store?

1. Hello all!
    I recently bought a PS3 slim for my son. So its all very new to me. I purchased some rental movies for him from the online PS store and it has taken over 2 weeks to be 85% on the first movie the other 4 still pending. I have a wireless 20g broadband connection. Surely this can't be right? I am worried that we have lost our money as the store said the movies would only be available for 2 weeks to download and only 2 days for watching after. Please help!
    Thank you.

User Info: JWilko

JWilko - 6 years ago
    Is the PS3 being left to download these movies in its own time? Or is it being used to play games and then turned off? Many games stop things from being downloaded, so this could be the cause of the problem.

Also, what do you mean by "wireless 20g broadband connection"? There's no such thing as a "20g" connection - do you mean a 20 megabit per second broadband connection, running over a wireless g network?

User Info: Eoin

Eoin - 6 years ago

Answers

1. It usually gets stopped whenever you play a online game also the movies do take a really long time even if you dont play games, approx time for xmen origins was 2 days for me and that was with just leaving the ps3 on its own (its a 6gig file so any movies that big should take same amount of time) what i recomend is just leave the ps3 to download while you sleep or whenever your away

User Info: crashndash

crashndash - 6 years ago 0 0