Question from wafflize

Can you charge the controller on any USB port?

I usually charge my controllers by plugging them into the PS3 and the red light blinks when it's charging. I've tried charging my controller using the USB ports on my PC and another AC adapter, but the red lights don't come on. I'd like to know if the controller is charging even without blinking lights or do they only get charged when connected to the PS3 and the other Sony-approved charging accessories.

EoinOL answered:

There is no limitation on what can and cannot charge a PS3 controller. It definitely does not have to be charged by the PS3.

Any powered USB port can charge the controller. Most USB ports are powered but some may not be, or, if the PC you are connecting it to has lots of USB peripherals plugged in already, may not be receiving enough power to charge. The controller shows that it is charging by flashing those red lights - if they are not flashing, the controller is not charging.
0 0