Question from grandmathumper

how do i connect an HDMI cord to an older tv? or do i need a HDMI cord to watch blueray?

my tv, a 50 inch phillips does not seem to have a HDMI cable port. so how do i connect it to the tv or do i really need it to watch blueray movies etc.

Answers

Oxymandias answered:

Well assuming your TV has scart connectors you will be able to watch blu-ray movies but at half the top resolution that HDTV standards support (1080p).

Your milage will vary on quality.. your setup if far from ideal.
0 1

SikLord answered:

If your TV does not have the HDMI pots you can't use them on those older TV's get a newer TV if you are wanting to use the Blue Ray abilities and see the difference, it's well worth it..
0 0

PhysicsLCP answered:

You can get an HDMI to Component/Composite converter but they are expensive. You won't get the benefit of an HD tv if it is one, without a proper HDMI connection, so as oxymandias suggested, your blu-ray movies will run at DVD resolution.
0 0

GREENSLIPPERS answered:

to get the best resolution you will have to use HDMI, but because there are no ports than use some other wire,
0 0

razor2916 answered:

Hey my tv is not a hd tv but it has got an extra hdmi port and i have a ps3 will the hdmi cable work on my tv
0 0

My playstation3 will not play a bluray movie if i connect it to my HDTV via HDMI, Why? Open Tanis__13
Power Cord...? Answered Linkman0714
Power Cord? Open duelmaster918
How do I hook up the ethernet cord? Answered tyleraaron619
Hdmi??? Open MKZONEKILLING