Question from grandmathumper

how do i connect an HDMI cord to an older tv? or do i need a HDMI cord to watch blueray?

my tv, a 50 inch phillips does not seem to have a HDMI cable port. so how do i connect it to the tv or do i really need it to watch blueray movies etc.

Well assuming your TV has scart connectors you will be able to watch blu-ray movies but at half the top resolution that HDTV standards support (1080p).

Your milage will vary on quality.. your setup if far from ideal.

If your TV does not have the HDMI pots you can't use them on those older TV's get a newer TV if you are wanting to use the Blue Ray abilities and see the difference, it's well worth it..

You can get an HDMI to Component/Composite converter but they are expensive. You won't get the benefit of an HD tv if it is one, without a proper HDMI connection, so as oxymandias suggested, your blu-ray movies will run at DVD resolution.

to get the best resolution you will have to use HDMI, but because there are no ports than use some other wire,

Hey my tv is not a hd tv but it has got an extra hdmi port and i have a ps3 will the hdmi cable work on my tv