Question from thegamer405

UPnP not available. why and how do i fix it?

when i configure my internet connection on my ps3 it says that UPnP isnt available. I have tried using both a wired and wireless connection and neither work. Im using a virgin media connection and cant connect to friends using a sky connection while playing cod 4 or waw. There are a few people with this problem and i believe the unavailability of upnp to be the fault. Anyone know a fix?

CODOG_OMEGA asked for clarification:

Can you explain a little bit more:

1). What type of router are you using?
2). Can you open up your router's home page?
3). Do you know how to configure your router's settings?

hypertwolf answered:

UPnP is router specific feature. some router do support it or not at all. To enable it, you must own at least a router of some sort, be it a wired or wireless type. Look into your instruction manual on how to access the router's settings through your web browser. and within there, there should be a page to configure advance settings that includes UPnP. Just poke around and you'll find it. Just enable it, save your settings on the router and have it restart and voila, the UPnP is turned on.
2 0

Answers

pokemonlink111 answered:

He isn't using a router he's just using a modem, then pluging the ethernet cable striaght into PS3. That's what I do aswell. I have this problem too, It says not available. I cant go on PS Home. Just try switching everything off including yo modem then plugging in power to the modem ONLY, then switch on you PS3. Try running a test, or disabling Upnp in the settings.
0 0

polarsnake answered:

If you are using the wireless, get the router address by looking through the network information in your PS3. It should be something like this "123.456.1.1". Type this small string of digits into the web address bar of your PC to access the router configuration page. From there, just enable upnp.

That's all.
0 0

AgroKrag12 answered:

what does uPnP do becuase now I want to enable it using the information above, but first I want to know the advantages of having it and to know what it does.

thanks!
0 0

UPnP Not Available? Unanswered r0gUeLi0n43
I need a good Summoner Rotation for FFXIV on PS3...? Unanswered Kalel1189
Play with me? Unanswered Woogiemush
Games and system problems? Unanswered PychoAnimeNerd8
How much could I sell my PS3 for? Unanswered cg100