UPnP not available. why and how do i fix it?

1. when i configure my internet connection on my ps3 it says that UPnP isnt available. I have tried using both a wired and wireless connection and neither work. Im using a virgin media connection and cant connect to friends using a sky connection while playing cod 4 or waw. There are a few people with this problem and i believe the unavailability of upnp to be the fault. Anyone know a fix?

User Info: thegamer405

thegamer405 - 8 years ago
    Can you explain a little bit more:

1). What type of router are you using?
    2). Can you open up your router's home page?
    3). Do you know how to configure your router's settings?

User Info: CODOG_OMEGA

CODOG_OMEGA - 7 years ago

1. UPnP is router specific feature. some router do support it or not at all. To enable it, you must own at least a router of some sort, be it a wired or wireless type. Look into your instruction manual on how to access the router's settings through your web browser. and within there, there should be a page to configure advance settings that includes UPnP. Just poke around and you'll find it. Just enable it, save your settings on the router and have it restart and voila, the UPnP is turned on.

User Info: hypertwolf

hypertwolf - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. He isn't using a router he's just using a modem, then pluging the ethernet cable striaght into PS3. That's what I do aswell. I have this problem too, It says not available. I cant go on PS Home. Just try switching everything off including yo modem then plugging in power to the modem ONLY, then switch on you PS3. Try running a test, or disabling Upnp in the settings.

User Info: pokemonlink111

pokemonlink111 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. If you are using the wireless, get the router address by looking through the network information in your PS3. It should be something like this "123.456.1.1". Type this small string of digits into the web address bar of your PC to access the router configuration page. From there, just enable upnp.

That's all.

User Info: polarsnake

polarsnake - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. what does uPnP do becuase now I want to enable it using the information above, but first I want to know the advantages of having it and to know what it does.

thanks!

User Info: AgroKrag12

AgroKrag12 - 7 years ago 0 0