PS3 turns itself off with three beeps?

1. My PS3 turns itself off a few seconds after turn I it on and beeps three times, I think it was because I kept it in a enclosed area. So I brought it out, cleaned it, let it cool down for three hours, placed it in an open area. Didn't work. Could some please help me?

User Info: mgsmaster009

mgsmaster009 - 6 years ago
    I am about to buy a ps3 from a friend and we turn it on then it shuts off ass soon as i turn it on and beeps 3 times and we cant get it to stay on long enough to stop the program that is running if there is something running but all we can get it to do is come on for a second and it shuts right back off what do i need to do

User Info: thunt10

thunt10 - 5 years ago

1. When the PS3 beeps 3 times when it turns off, it means that it is ending a program which is currently running. That might be a game that wasn't shut down, or the browser, or something else that it's running.

You can usually avoid the 3 beeps by turning the machine off using the menu rather than the power button. However, the 3 beeps are purely informational - they do not mean that there is anything particularly wrong.

User Info: Eoin

Eoin (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0

1. That doesn't really help us, my gf's dads is doing this and wants to know wether or not he is going to have to send it in or if there is a way to fix it.

User Info: NitrousOxide303

NitrousOxide303 - 6 years ago 0 0