Question from nickyv80

Can I change my profile name on my ps3 without deleting it?

I want to change my profile name, I was wondering if I could do it without deleting my profile.

Jpeg6 answered:

The psn account name can't be changed, but the user name on the ps3 can. To change the ps3 user name go to the name when you are logged in and press triangle. Then pick the name area and you can then change it.
2 0

Answers

TheBucks777 answered:

Yes, Jpeg6 is right. On the XMB, go to the far left and highlight your user name. Then press triangle. After this, a little pop-up menu should appear. On this menu go to, highlight, and select "information." Finally, highlight your name and select it. From here, you will be able to change your name. But I don't think your online account name can be changed unless you create a whole new account.
0 0

GREENSLIPPERS answered:

PSN cannot be changed but user name can be.
0 0

hdcool09 answered:

Try to call sony and ask them they might change it for you
0 0

010timeboy27 answered:

No, sorry. I wanted to do the same thing as you but found out you would have to start a new profile and it would be empty.
0 0

how do I change my name on psn without deleting my status? Open COBAR1998
Deleting an Account? Open daileyracer
Deleting Accounts? Open xxxMdMxxx
Deleting PSN downloads? Answered Hazzard89
Are there anyway of deleting trophies from ur PS3? Answered dennis1338