Can I change my profile name on my ps3 without deleting it?

1. I want to change my profile name, I was wondering if I could do it without deleting my profile.

User Info: nickyv80

nickyv80 - 7 years ago

1. The psn account name can't be changed, but the user name on the ps3 can. To change the ps3 user name go to the name when you are logged in and press triangle. Then pick the name area and you can then change it.

User Info: Jpeg6

Jpeg6 - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Yes, Jpeg6 is right. On the XMB, go to the far left and highlight your user name. Then press triangle. After this, a little pop-up menu should appear. On this menu go to, highlight, and select "information." Finally, highlight your name and select it. From here, you will be able to change your name. But I don't think your online account name can be changed unless you create a whole new account.

User Info: TheBucks777

TheBucks777 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. PSN cannot be changed but user name can be.

User Info: GREENSLIPPERS

GREENSLIPPERS - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. Try to call sony and ask them they might change it for you

User Info: hdcool09

hdcool09 - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. No, sorry. I wanted to do the same thing as you but found out you would have to start a new profile and it would be empty.

User Info: 010timeboy27

010timeboy27 - 5 years ago 0 0